Cleveland Museum of Art11150 East Blvd
Cleveland, OH 44106-1711
216-421-7350 | http://www.clevelandart.org
For All People, Forever
The Cleveland Museum of Art opened its doors in 1916 as a museum “for the benefit of all people, forever.”
The Cleveland Museum of Art opened its doors in 1916 in University Circle’s Wade Park. During the opening ceremony, Jeptha H. Wade II, whose grandfather and namesake donated the land for the park and museum, stated that the museum would be “for the benefit of all people, forever.” The Cleveland Museum of Art has stayed true to this ethos, offering free general admission to a world-renowned collection. The museum offers a diverse selection of artwork in 16 departments, including western masterpieces, American painting and sculpture, the decorative arts, and ethnographic collections representing Asian, African, Oriental, and Native American cultures. The Asian and Egyptian collections are especially well regarded. The museum finished a major renovation in 2013 and now offers over 592,000 square feet of exhibition space.Read More
Notes for Travelers
While general admission is free, special exhibits and events may require admission fees. Check the museum's website for information on special events and exhibits.