Ohio North and South
Ohio is defined by strong regional differences and is a hybrid of the cultures people from both northern and southern colonies brought to Ohio.
You’re on your way to a great Ohio adventure! We found these sites related to your search. Be sure to check out any trails and tours related to your search in the tabs above.
- Johnson's Island Confederate Stockade Cemetery and Prison Camp
- Sherman House Museum
- Stone Academy
- Orange Johnson House
- Old Perry County Courthouse
- Pickaway County Courthouse
- Adena Mansion & Gardens
- National Underground Railroad Freedom Center
- U.S. Grant Birthplace
- John Rankin House
- John P. Parker House
- Harriet Beecher Stowe House
- Doctor Increase Mathews House
- Veteran’s Freedom Flag Monument
- Black Heritage Library and Multicultural Center
- Hancock Historical Museum
- Museum at the Friends Home
- Meriam R. Hare Quaker Heritage Center
- Otterbein Cemetery
- Hanby House
- Carthagena Union Cemetery
Ohio Humanities has put together a series of trails highlighting points of interest to illustrate topics such as Historic Farms and Civil War Presidents. These curated trails offer opportunities to sample national history locally made.
Driving tours provide audio guides for a specific route, allowing you to deeply explore the stories of Ohio culture and heritage.